It’s not you, it’s me.
I need a little break. I originally took this month off work to be with family and recover from burnout. I’m doing that, and it’s definitely something I’m enjoying.
I need to close the blog. It won’t be forever, and by that I mean for maybe, 3 days?
This is what I’d like to do with the next few days in order to get a quick self-care boost;
- Stay off WordPress and the blog.
- Focus on getting a decent amount of my book written.
- Minimise my use of social media. I need to disconnect, internalise and be present at home.
I’m very comfortable with doing this, and I think more often as bloggers and writers we should all feel this comfortable. Here’s why;
- Blogging and writing is a long term game. We need sustenance to withstand the long game.
- Burnout can get real. I’m recovering from the last 365 very busy days and need to be at my prime for the next 365, and that means switching off.
- Culturally, we work, work and you guessed it, work. But rest is just as important.
I’ll be back on Thursday, 8th November 2018. That’s around 3 days. I’m giving you the date as I take this seriously, you invest time in me, and I need to be at work, to bring you content.
I’m excited for the return already, but will feel relaxed between now and then, focusing on my family and my book.
Between now and then, I wish you well. See you on Thursday (Sydney, Australia time).
In the mean time, you’re welcome to revisit the last epic run of daily posts I wrote for you by clicking here, where I’ve compiled them into a single category for you.