Today, day 3, calls for something a little light hearted and fun. I figured before I expect you to trust me with engaging in our fantastic community, you ought to know what weird things define the person behind this keyboard. So with that;
10 unknown (and maybe weird) things about me, Ivan
- I sucked, miserably, at reading as a kid and failed my first essays in high school english class. I didn’t know what a vowel was until 9th grade. I still have trouble with nouns, adjectives, adverbs, etc. and what they all are. I’m also a bad speller. I just write. And I like to think I’m kind of good at it :)
- I was once bitten by a spider, three times, in the same spot, at least that’s how it felt and looked.
- Growing up I would routinely drink 3 litres of milk – a day. Even while jumping on a trampoline, I still drank milk. After a meal, milk. I dreamed of swimming in it and I would have if given the opportunity, not a word of a lie. Then my parents banned me because we couldn’t keep up with all the bottles.
- I’m realising I over indulge in food, a challenge I’m trying to overcome.
- I’ve never smoked, anything, ever. I’m repulsed by the sheer smell of a cigarette. It’s vile. Also, I didn’t even have my first sip of alcohol until 24. Even now I consume very little. *My body is my temple – queue the zen music*.
- At 21, I dropped out of a PhD in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, studying protein biochemistry, to start a martial arts school. I founded my own self defence system called Neuro-Combatives™. I still carry some guilt that I closed the martial arts school down. Then I became a professional photographer. Now I’m a scientist.
- I’m nearing my 5th year of blogging. I’m still super small in the blogosphere. Biggest lesson? Patience.
- I’m extremely intense, or so I’m continuously told. With that comes being a little extra when it comes to things that are great, but also things that are not so good. It has it’s benefits – I get intensely immersed and obsessed with seeing something through and doing well at it. The draw back? I get bored, very easily. Except with writing/blogging – I’m just so into it.
- I hate having to sleep. I like it when I’m in it and I need it, but overall I think it’s a waste of life. If I could never have to sleep again, I’d pick that as a super power.
- I bite my nails. I know! I know! It’s a bad habit. Don’t leave my blog over it please. I’m always working on stopping.
BONUS: I like strawberry jam on toast, with cheese. Tasty cheese. Melted. I thought it was normal. I’ve realised I’m an outcast on this one. Is anyone still here?
Can you relate, or do you share the same weirdness? Let me know and make me feel normal again by leaving me a comment down below. If not, still leave me a comment anyway, I live for community 🤓.
See you on day 4.
Read #blogtober 2: To all of the writers that question their writing.